If you enjoy physical work and want to be part of a team, this job could be just right for you. As a warehouse operative, you would deal with goods and products that comes in OR goes out from a warehouse or stockroom.
You do not need any specific qualifications to be a warehouse operative. Basic English, maths and IT skills would be useful any Fork Lift, Reach Truck skills are ideal.
You will need to have a good level of fitness. You’ll need to be able to work quickly. And you’ll also need to complete paperwork and count stock items.
Your job could include:
- taking delivery of goods and supplies
- checking for damaged or missing items
- storing goods, Put away
- moving stock around by hand, using lifting gear or a forklift truck
- picking and packing orders
- loading goods for dispatch
- keeping records of stock
- keeping paperwork up to date
- cleaning work areas